- Your Films
The 8th Fastnet Film Festival (FSFF 2016) will take place from 25th May to 29th May 2016.
Deadline for Submissions
Entry through www.withoutabox.com or through our website.
|Earlybird Entry:||1st October 2015 – 31st October 2015||€20|
|Regular Entry:||1st November 2015 – 31st January 2016||€25|
|Late Entry:||1st February 2016 – 7th February 2016||€30|
|Extended Entry:||8th February 2016 – 14th February 2016 (5pm GMT)||€50|
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR FILMS, PHOTOS AND PRESS KIT MUST BE READY TO SEND TO US ON THE DAY THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS FILLED IN. FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE PERIOD THAT THE FILM IS UPLOADED/SENT TO US AND NOT THE DATE THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS STARTED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN ENTRIES BEING REJECTED.
Festival Rules & Regulations
1) Entries should not exceed 15 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 1 extra minute.
2) Only films completed on or after 1st January 2014 are eligible for entry into the 2016 Festival competitions.
3) Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4) If the film is not in English, then it must have hard coded English subtitles, and in the case of DVD entrants, on both copies.
5) FSFF reserve the right to refuse to screen any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question FSFF about their decision, you can contact us by email on
6) All submissions are screened and evaluated by the FSFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas. These films will be screened a minimum of 4 times throughout the festival. Due to the amount of films we receive only the top scoring 125 films will go through to the next stage of the competition. These films will be screened in our Distributed Cinemas and in our main venues – The Parish Hall and the Church of Ireland Hall. Submitters will be advised via email and the list will also be announced on our website and on our Facebook page in the second week of May. The short list in each category, to be announced late on Saturday 28th May 2016, will be chosen by the Category Judges and will be posted on our website, on our Facebook page and in the Box Office window. The shortlisted films will be shown on Sunday (29th) morning in the Parish Hall & The Church of Ireland Hall. The winning films in each category will then be chosen from this short list and announced at our prize giving ceremony on the evening of Sunday 29th May 2016.
7) In the event of a film being withdrawn, FSFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
8) FSFF will determine the date and time when submissions will be. FSFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after the festival line-up is announced.
9) Participation in FSFF grants us the authorisation to show the entered film on our FSFF secure Intranet network. Viewing is only possible within the village of Schull itself.
10) A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, see elsewhere on WAB site. Basic submission fees are €20 (Early Bird), €25 (Regular), €30 (Late) & €50 (Late Late) depending on when submission takes place, though there are WAB discounts. Please ensure your film is ready to send to us at the time of entry.
11) One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee. If the filmmaker chooses to enter more than one category with the same film, please add an incremental numerical addendum in brackets after the title; i.e. “Film Title” (1), “Film Title” (2) etc as the system requires this differentiation in the case of multiple entries with the same title.
12) Exclusively the participant shall pay all fees in relation to the uploading or transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of FSFF. The Festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials i.e. DVDs, posters, photos, etc.
13) If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, FSFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
14) The submission of a film to the FSFF will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the festival rules.
15) In order to be eligible for the ‘Best in Cork’ prize, please indicate on your submission entry if the film was written, shot or produced in Co. Cork. This is only relevant to those filmmakers entering into the Over 18 competition, it does not apply to films submitted into the Young Filmmaker (U22) and Junior Filmmaker (U17) categories.
16) Entrants should UPLOAD their film to the Technical Director, (please refer to OUR WEBSITE for instructions on how to do this: http://www.fastnetfilmfestival.com/your-films/film-technical-information/ ) on the day that the entry form is completed. Please include your press kit including still photos. Please write a 10-15 word (ONLY) synopsis for use in our festival programme – should your film be selected. WE WOULD LIKE TO ENSURE THAT THE JUDGES VIEW YOUR FILM IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY POSSIBLE. IF YOU HAVE A SCREENING COPY READY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY THEN PLEASE SEND US THAT VERSION.
17) FSFF will contact you () if there are any problems. Once downloaded by us, your film will be loaded onto our festival server. Please refer to our website http://www.fastnetfilmfestival.com/your-films/film-technical-information/ for all Technical Information.
18) Insurance of DVD/USB entries is the responsibility of the sender. While all accepted films are treated professionally and with care, the Festival will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to DVDs.
19) FSFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to submission. For more information and queries, contact
20) Once we have received your Film, Photo(s), Fee and Form you will receive an email confirming your entry is ‘In Consideration’. Please note that unless we receive ALL these items your entry is NOT confirmed.