- Your Films
Last update: 28.10.2019
The Annual Fastnet Film Festival was officially launched this week in the intimate surroundings of Arthur Mayne’s, Donnybrook, Dublin.
We were delighted to welcome Jim Sheridan, Gerard Stembridge, Fionnuala Sweeney, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Rebecca Daly, John Kelleher, Carmel Winters, Macdara Kelleher and Triona McCarthy of Xpose, alongside many filmmakers and festival friends.
World-renowned Costume Designer Joan Bergin displayed some of her exquisite costumes from Vikings and The Tudors.
The line up this year is unprecedented with over 50 expert guests taking part, including;
- Producer of Room Ed Guiney,
- Set Designer of Room Ethan Tobman traveling for the festival from Canada,
- Composers Bill Whelan and Stephen Rennicks,
- Directors John Carney, Carmel Winters, Jim Sheridan, Thaddeus O’Sullivan, Rebecca Daly,Vivienne de Courcy, Richie O’Donnell.
- Writer Pat McCabe.
- Producers Macdara Kelleher, Hilary Durman
- and many more yet to be announced.
Over 46 events were announced including;
- Screenings of Sing Street, Viva, Mammal, Room, Dare to be Wild and Atlantic.
- In celebration of it’s 10th anniversary The Wind That Shakes The Barley will be screened followed by a panel discussion with actors Orla Fitzgerard, Martin Lucey, Frank Bourke, Aidan O’Hare, Damian Kearney and Casting Director Oonagh Kearney which will be moderated by Gerard Stembridge.
- Screening on the competition shorts in 18 venues in both Schull and Ballydehob.
VIP tickets are available to buy only at Ticket Master (search your desired event name). For groups of 5 or more people you can get a big discount using promo codes for up to 50% Off Select Tickets Deals.
Please check the terms and conditions of the discount offer before aquiring the tickets.
Our thanks to Benny & Cliona McCabe for their hospitality – without their support and encouragement we would be lost.