- 2018 Events
- Your Films
Submission entries will only be accepted through FilmFreeway:
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Best Irish Short Film – €5,000 (Filmmaker must be Irish, or have worked with an Irish Production Company, 18 years and over on 31st January 2019).
- Best International Short Film – €5,000 – (open to International Filmmakers 18 years and over on 31st January 2019)
- Best in Cork – €1,000 (only films either filmed, written or produced in Co. Cork)
- Best Student of Media & Film Studies – €1,000 (open to IRISH film studies students only)
- Best Young Filmmaker – €500 (open to ALL filmmakers and all nationalities – aged 19 years or younger on 31st January 2019)
- Category Awards – €500 for each of the following categories – Best Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation, and ArtHouse (open to ALL filmmakers of all nationalities over the age of 18 on 31st January 2019)
- Additional Awards – €500 for each of the following – Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Original Music, Best Sound, Best Cinematography and Best Editing (open to ALL filmmakers of all nationalities over the age of 18 on 31st January 2019)
All Irish Entries ONLY: In Association with RTÉ Culture, we are delighted to showcase the best Irish Shorts of 2019, featuring them on The Short Film Channel, created in association with RTÉ Player. This will be an ongoing honour offered to all of our Irish Shortlisted films in future.
Please note that each entry is for one category ONLY. The categories are Best in Cork, Best Student of Media & Film Studies, Best Young Filmmaker (U19), Best Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation and Art House.
If you wish to enter two, i.e. Drama and Comedy etc., then two entries will have to be made and the entry fee will have to be paid twice. Films entered into Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation & Art House will automatically be eligible for all craft awards.
If a filmmaker is aged 18 or 19 on 31st January 2019 and wishes to enter both the Young Filmmaker Competition and any of the Over 18 Categories, then they may do so with the same film. The filmmaker will also need to pay the fee for each separate competition entered as stated above. In this case there would be no need to submit additional copies of the film or the film’s promotional material. This also applies to the Best in Cork and Best Student of Media & Film Studies.
Please note the running time for entries:
Categories: Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation, Cork & Art House – no longer than 18 mins including credits & titles.
Categories: Best Young Filmmaker (U19) and Best Student of Media & Film Studies – no longer than 10 mins including credits & titles.
Please ensure that you complete as much of the entry form as possible.
- A brief synopsis of your film (no more than 10-15 words). This synopsis will be used for the festival programme.
- A photograph/still of your film. We must have this at time of entry. In addition, it could be chosen as the 2019 festival image and used on posters and as the cover of the Official Festival Programme. We do not want images of production crew but from the film itself.
- Evidence of permission where non original material is used in the film ie non original Music.
Please note that only films completed on or after 1st January 2017 are eligible for entry into our festival competitions.
Please make your submissions as soon as possible to allow us to view your entries and make our selections for screenings, but take note:
|Earlybird Entry:||1st September 2018 – 30th September 2018||$20|
|Regular Entry:||1st October 2018 – 10th January 2019||$30|
|Extended Entry:||11th January 2019 – 31st January 2019 (5pm GMT)||$50|
|Cork Category:||1st September 2018 – 31st January 2019 (5pm GMT)||$20|
|Under 19 Category Early Entry:||1st September 2018 – 30th September 2018||$10|
|Under 19 Category Regular & Extended Entry:||1st October 2018 – 31st January 2019 (5pm GMT)||$20|
|Student of Media & Film Studies Early Entry:||1st September 2018 – 30th September 2018||$10|
|Student of Media & Film Studies Regular & Extended Entry:||1st October 2018 – 31st January 2019 (5pm GMT)||$20|
To enter, please complete the form on Filmfreeway remembering to upload your film and stills. An email will be sent to you to confirm that all elements of your entry have been received.
Please ensure that you submit your stills and brief synopsis. The maximum running time should be as indicated above including all credits. We will not accept entries which exceed these time limits in the specific categories.
We will contact you by 13th April 2019 to let you know if your film has been selected for competition AND screening.