- Your Films
Submission entries will only be accepted through FilmFreeway:
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Best Irish Short Film – €5,000 (Filmmaker must be Irish, or have worked with an Irish Production Company, 18 years and over on 31st January 2018).
- Best International Short Film – €1,500 – (open to International Filmmakers 18 years and over on 31st January 2018)
- Best Young Filmmaker – €1,000 (open to ALL filmmakers and all nationalities – aged 19 years or younger on 31st January 2018)
- Best Made in Cork – €500 (will be chosen from films entered into the main Irish competition, where the film is either written/produced or shot in Cork)
- Category Awards – €200 for each of the following categories – Best Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation, and ArtHouse (open to ALL filmmakers of all nationalities over the age of 18 on 31st January 2018)
- Additional Awards – €200 for each of the following – Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Original Music, Best Sound, Best Cinematography and Best Editing (open to ALL filmmakers of all nationalities over the age of 18 on 31st January 2018)
Please note that each entry is for one category ONLY. The categories are Best Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation and Art House.
If you wish to enter two, i.e. Drama and Comedy etc., then two entries will have to be made and the entry fee will have to be paid twice. However films entered in any category will automatically be eligible for all additional awards with the exception of the young filmmaker category.
If a filmmaker is aged 18 or 19 on 31st January 2018 and wishes to enter both the Young Filmmaker Competition and any of the Over 18 Categories, then they may do so with the same film. The filmmaker will also need to pay the fee for each separate competition entered as stated above. In this case there would be no need to submit additional copies of the film or the film’s promotional material.
Please ensure that you complete as much of the entry form as possible.
- A brief synopsis of your film (no more than 10-15 words). This synopsis will be used for the festival programme.
- A photograph/still of your film. We must have this at time of entry. In addition, it could be chosen as the 2018 festival image and used on posters and as the cover of the Official Festival Programme. We do not want images of production crew but from the film itself.
- Evidence of permission where non original material is used in the film ie non original Music.
Please note that only films completed on or after 1st January 2016 are eligible for entry into our festival competitions.
Please make your submissions as soon as possible to allow us to view your entries and make our selections for screenings, but take note:
|Earlybird Entry:||1st September 2017 – 30th September 2017||$20|
|Regular Entry:||1st October 2017 – 14th January 2018||$30|
|Extended Entry:||15th January – 31st January 2018 (5pm GMT)||$50|
To enter, please complete the form on Filmfreeway remembering to upload your film and stills. An email will be sent to you to confirm that all elements of your entry have been received.
Please ensure that you submit your stills and brief synopsis. The maximum running time should be 18 minutes including all credits. We will not accept entries which exceed this time limit.
We will contact you by 14th April 2018 to let you know if your film has been selected for competition AND screening.