- Your Films
Submission entries will only be accepted through FilmFreeway:
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- The Best of Festival – €5,000 (open to ALL filmmakers and all nationalities – over the age of 18 on 28th February 2017).
- Best Irish Short Film – €1,500 – (Filmmaker must be Irish, or have worked with an Irish Production Company, and must be over 18 years of age on 28th February 2017)
- Best Young Filmmaker – €1,000 (open to ALL filmmakers and all nationalities – aged 19 years or younger on 28th February 2017)
- Best Made in Cork – €500 (will be chosen from films entered into the main competition, where the film is either written/produced or shot in Cork)
- Category Awards – €200 for each of the following categories – Best Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation, and ArtHouse (open to ALL filmmakers of all nationalities over the age of 18 on 28th February 2017)
- Additional Awards – €250 for each of the following – Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Original Music & Sound, Best Cinematography and Best Editing (open to ALL filmmakers and all nationalities over the age of 18 on 28th February 2017)
Please note that each entry is for one category ONLY. The categories are Best Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation and Art House.
If you wish to enter two, i.e. Drama and Comedy etc., then two entries will have to be made and the entry fee will have to be paid twice. However films entered in any category will automatically be eligible for all additional awards with the exception of the young filmmaker category.
If a filmmaker is aged 18 or 19 on 28th February 2016 and wishes to enter both the Young Filmmaker Competition and any of the Over 18 Categories, then they may do so with the same film, but the title will have to be altered slightly (in order for the system to differentiate between entries) by adding a numerical increment in brackets after the name of the film…ie Film Title (1), Film Title (2). The filmmaker will also need to pay the fee for each separate competition entered as stated above. In this case there would be no need to submit additional copies of the film or the film’s promotional material.
Please ensure that you complete as much of the entry form as possible.
- A brief synopsis of your film (no more than 10-15 words). This synopsis will be used for the festival programme.
- A photograph/still of your film. We must have this at time of entry. In addition, it could be chosen as the 2017 festival image and used on posters and as the cover of the Official Festival Programme. We do not want images of production crew but from the film itself.
- Evidence of permission where non original material is used in the film ie non original Music.
Please note that only films completed on or after 1st January 2015 are eligible for entry into our festival competitions.
Please make your submissions as soon as possible to allow us to view your entries and make our selections for screenings, but take note:
|Earlybird Entry:||1st October 2016 – 30th November 2016||$20|
|Regular Entry:||1st December 2016 – 14th February 2017||$30|
|Extended Entry:||15th February 2017 – 28th February 2017 (5pm GMT)||$50|
To enter, please complete the form on Filmfreeway remembering to upload your film and stills. An email will be sent to you to confirm that all elements of your entry have been received.
Please ensure that you submit your stills and brief synopsis. The maximum running time should be 18 minutes including all credits. We will not accept entries which exceed this time limit.
We will contact you before 30th April 2017 to let you know if your film has been selected for competition AND/OR screening.