- 2018 Events
- Your Films
The 9th Fastnet Film Festival (FFF 2018) will take place from 23rd May to 27th May 2018.
This year we will only accept entries through FilmFreeway. Please ensure you read our Rules and Regulation prior to submitting.
Festival Rules & Regulations
1) Entries should not exceed 18 minutes in duration including all titles and credits.
2) Only films completed on or after 1st January 2016 are eligible for entry into the 2018 Festival competitions.
3) Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4) If the film is not in English, then it must have hard coded English subtitles.
5) FFF reserve the right to refuse to screen any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question FFF about their decision, you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) All submissions are screened and evaluated by the FFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas. These films will be screened numerous times throughout the festival. Due to the amount of films we receive only the top scoring films will go through into the competition. These films will be screened in our Distributed Cinemas and in our main venues. Submitters will be advised via email and the list will also be announced on our website and on our Facebook page in the second week of May. The short list in each category, to be announced late on Saturday 26th May 2018, will be chosen by the Category Judges and will be posted on our website, on our Facebook page and in the Box Office window. The shortlisted films will be shown on Sunday (27th) morning in the Parish Hall & The Church of Ireland Hall. The winning films in each category will then be chosen from this short list and announced at our prize giving ceremony on the evening of Sunday 27th May 2018.
7) In the event of a film being withdrawn, FFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
8) FFF will determine the date and time when submissions will be screened. FFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after the festival line-up is announced.
9) Participation in FFF grants us the authorisation to show the entered film on our FFF secure Intranet network. Viewing is only possible within the village of Schull itself.
10) A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, see elsewhere on FilmFreeway site. Please ensure your film is ready to send to us at the time of entry.
11) One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
12) Exclusively the participant shall pay all fees in relation to the uploading or transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of FFF. The Festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials i.e. DVDs, posters, photos, etc.
13) If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, FFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
14) The submission of a film to FFF will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the festival rules.
15) In order to be eligible for the ‘Best in Cork’ prize, please indicate on your submission entry if the film was written, shot or produced in County Cork. This is only relevant to those filmmakers entering into the Over 18 competition, it does not apply to films submitted into the Young Filmmaker (U19) category.
16) Entrants should UPLOAD their film to FilmFreeway on the day that the entry form is completed. Please include your press kit including still photos. Please write a 10-15 word (ONLY) synopsis for use in our festival programme – should your film be selected. WE WOULD LIKE TO ENSURE THAT THE JUDGES VIEW YOUR FILM IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY POSSIBLE SO WILL ONLY ACCEPT FINAL CUTS. PLEASE SURE THAT YOUR FILM IS READY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. .
17) FFF will contact you (email@example.com) if there are any problems with your film. Once downloaded by us, your film will be loaded onto our festival server.
18) Please do not send DVD’s or copies of your film direct to us unless requested to do so. At time of submission we will only accept your entry if your film is upload to FilmFreeway.
19) FFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to submission. For more information and queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Only use this email when querying the technical aspects of your submission.
20) Once we have received your Film, Photo(s), Fee and Form you will receive an email confirming your entry is ‘In Consideration’. Please note that unless we receive ALL these items your entry is NOT confirmed.
21) All non technical queries relating to your submission should be sent to email@example.com, all Technical queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
22) Fastnet Short Film Festival Limited is a not-for-profit company and we rely on grant-aid funding to cover prize monies. Due to the timing of grant payouts, prize monies cannot be paid until all our funds have been received from these sources. This is usually by the month of September following the festival. Prize winners will then be contacted for bank account transfer details and the monies paid as soon as possible afterwards.
Deadline for Submissions
|Earlybird Entry:||1st September 2017 – 30th September 2017||$20|
|Regular Entry:||1st October 2017 – 14th January 2018||$30|
|Extended Entry:||15th January 2018 – 31st January 2018 (5pm GMT)||$50|
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR FILMS, PHOTOS AND PRESS KIT MUST BE READY TO SEND TO US ON THE DAY THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS FILLED IN. FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE PERIOD THAT THE FILM IS UPLOADED AND NOT THE DATE THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS STARTED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN ENTRIES BEING REJECTED.